Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Shopping

As the Holidays are gearing up things are settling down around the Daily Castle. The Christmas decorations are up and the presents are mostly bought.

Larry and I went shopping the day after Thanksgiving. My parents kept the girls so we could get up early and hit the stores. Of course we are not morning people so early for us was 7:00. Next year I'm going to try to talk him into that Midnight shopping at Birch Run. That is more my style. Or we could go to Meijer at 3:00 am and just shop until 5 am then check out.

I never said I wasn't crazy.

We scored some great deals and parking places, I might add. Larry wanted to go because a lot of techno geeky stuff was really cheap. A Blue tooth headset for $10! I think he thought that would be a great gift for me. Hah! I guess nerds get up early because all that stuff was gone.

We walked into Target and walked out. The line wrapped around the entire store and weaved in between aisles. Crazy!

Meijer was the best. They price match exact items. They had great sales and we walked right through to the self check out and didn't have to wait in a line.

We got presents for all the cousins and a couple for our kids and we were home by 10. Yeah!

Let the Wrapping begin!

2 comments:

The SC Elwarts said...

I agree about that computery stuff. Our Best Buy had over 4,000, yes, that's right, four thousand, people standing in line at 5:00 am. I guess there were 20 people who had pitched tents by 5:00 pm on Thurs night, out in front of the store. There's a fine line between crazy shoppers and obsessed shoppers.

My Middle Age Moments said...

Now i have to say that I do not miss. We do, however, have to fight the shove and push crowd wherever we go so I think it balances out. When you go to a bargain mart around here it is day after thanksgiving every day. :)

Sounds like you are ready to settle in and enjoy the holidays without stressing over shopping! You go girl