Monday, November 06, 2006

Apple Update

An update on the computer situation. I checked online Saturday night and my computer was ready to be picked up. Of course, the Apple people did not call me and tell me to pick it up. I had to figure that out on my own. It was 7:30. I had time for a quick 40 minute trip to the mall. I was desperate. I wanted my computer back.

I got to the store around 8:15. The Mac "Genius" got my computer for me and I was all set. They will even carry it out to the curb for you because that 20 inch screen is heavy. Cool. The guy said he would be there in 5 minutes.

Now maybe if I was blond and beautiful it would have been 5 minutes. 15 minutes later I am still sitting at the curb. Finally, at 8:55 I think to myself. This guy is not coming. So I go back into the store and it is completely empty except for the black-shirted hip looking workers. They all look at me like why are you coming in here at 8:58.

I look at the Mac Genius, who isn't that smart after all. I told him I still haven't got my computer yet. Oh. Oops. We were really swamped.

Whatever.

So I get home with the newly fixed Apple with the new motherboard and power supply and plug it in. It works great.

For 30 minutes.

Then the screen goes black and the fan kicks on high gear.

So today I took The Geek with me to get some real service. He is blonde and thin. And he speaks their language.

Bottom line. 7-10 days. No computer.

1 comment: